Home Exfoliation – Your Proven Way to Healthy Skin
Exfoliation is the method of making your skin radiant, healthy, supple and blemish-free by removing the dead skin cells. When dead skin cells are removed, the skin begins to produce elastin and collagen, leading to the growth of renewed skin cells. The new skin layer is softer and supple. Usually, the process takes around 28 days, but as we age, it takes longer time.
Exfoliation should be an indispensable process in your skin beautification regimen.
The History of Home Exfoliation
Exfoliation has its roots in the Egyptian civilization. They founded the initial process of exfoliation, and some of the ancient Egyptian practices are still followed today. Egyptians often used a pumice stone, alabaster particles and other scrubs made from Aloe Vera plant and sand. The famous Egyptian queen, Cleopatra, used sour milk as an exfoliant and bathed in it.
Civilizations practising exfoliation are often centred in temperate climates and the Arctic Circle edge. The Scandinavians would stand barefoot in the snow and scrub their bodies with cedar branches, followed by hot sauna. Polynesians used seashells, Amerindians used corncobs and Comanches used sand from the bottom of the river as an exfoliating agent. The Asian countries also follow a well-developed exfoliation process. In the Middle Ages, the old wine was used to exfoliate because it contains tartaric acid.
It was in the 20th century when dermatologists experimented with chemical exfoliation, but even today, home exfoliation is the best way to go as its chemical free.
What You’re Missing Out without Home Exfoliation?
Every minute, your body sheds 30,000-40,000 dead skin cells! Our body naturally gets rid of the dead skin cells. In that case, what is the need for exfoliation?
As you age, the skin loses its elasticity, and the process of dead skin cells giving way for new skin cells to generate takes time. The cell regeneration slows down because the body becomes slow to shed skin cells and create new ones. The old skin cells begin to pile up, making the skin dull, dry and rough. Acne is just one of the negative effects of not doing exfoliation. Exfoliating, once a week, opens the pores and helps the skin to breathe. It enhances blood circulation, improves skin elasticity, reduces scars and improved blood circulation means the brain gets more oxygenated blood.
Exfoliating is highly recommended for oily skin because oily skin leads to a thicker layer of Epidermis, and exfoliation cleans it completely.
Advantages of Home Exfoliation
MicrodermaMitt® recommends regular home exfoliation due to these advantages:
- With regular exfoliation, the skin becomes clearer, youthful and soft. The top layer of the skin becomes devoid of dead skin cells. Exfoliation fuels the growth of fresh new skin cells, making the skin glow and a renewed freshness.
- Regular home exfoliation helps to remove blemishes from the skin. Acne-prone skin often shows blemishes and exfoliation make the skin glow and healthy. Multiple exfoliation sessions will benefit the skin by removing acne scars.
- Exfoliation helps to control acne breakouts. Acne happens because the bacteria get the opportunity to feed on the stagnant oils caused by the recurrent deposits of old skin cells. Since exfoliation removes the dead skin cells, acne breakouts are automatically controlled.
- Fight wrinkles and fine lines with exfoliation as the skin regenerates, making the skin healthy and smooth.
- People with oily skin aren’t the only ones that benefit. People suffering from dry skin problems in the winter season can benefit from exfoliation as well. A combination of exfoliation and moisturizer will get rid of dry skin cells.
- Exfoliation should be the first base of skin protection. Moisturizers work best if they can penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. Exfoliation procedures open the skin pores and help the moisturizers to function better.
- Dirt and oil clog the skin pores, and the dead skin cells get deposited on the skin. Clogged pores make the skin looks dull and dead. Exfoliation unclogs the pores and helps the skin breathe.
Founded by Judy Nural, MicrodermaMitt® uses unique and proprietary weave with 100% floss silk fibers to help you exfoliate within few minutes in the shower. MicrodermaMitt® doesn’t contain any synthetic material.
Nural used her extensive 29+ years of experience in product development and research experience with US consumer-packaged goods company to ideate, design, test and deliver the ultimate skin rejuvenation experience. Nural introduced MicrodermaMitt® in 2004, after being inspired by her experience of the Turkish hammam ritual in 1990 and not finding the same experience in the USA.
The all-natural home exfoliation mitt cleans the clogged pores and removes deep skin cells to reveal a healthy and younger-looking skin. The mitt makes the skin radiant and rejuvenated. The MicrodermaMitt® is suitable for sensitive skin as well.
Dermatologists recommend the MicrodermaMitt® for its multiple benefits. The home exfoliation mitt:
- Makes your skin look younger, smoother and healthier.
- Is hypoallergenic, that is, it won’t cause any allergic reaction on the skin.
- Stimulates the production of collagen.
- Helps to rebuild the skin from sun damage, acne scars, and blemishes.
- Helps to reverse visible signs of ageing – fine lines and wrinkles.
- Cleans clogged pores and helps the skin to breathe.
Using the MicrodermaMitt®
Using the MicrodermaMitt® requires following an uncomplicated process:
- Remove all makeup from the face. Use our makeup remover and oil-free moisturizer to remove makeup.
- Use a warm washcloth to steam the face.
- Don’t rub the face. Keep it damp.
- Open the mitt and insert hand into the damp mitt, and rub it on the face, neck and other body areas.
Remember not to add any soap or cleaner on the mitt. Run the mitt in warm water and just air dry it. The MicrodermaMitt® mitt swells when wet, and scrubbing it on the skin lifts the dead skin cells and rolls them off the body.