Ingrown hairs are skin bumps that appear when hair follicles on your body get trapped and grow back into the skin instead of growing straight up. There are some simple and effective ways to prevent these ingrown hairs, but first, let’s find out why they happen in the first place!
Common Reasons Why Ingrown Hairs Occur
- It’s not uncommon to have ingrown hairs if you shave, tweeze, or wax.
- Cosmetics you use, such as makeup or lotions, can also irritate the skin and cause it to become red and irritated. Ingrown hairs are more likely to occur when your skin is irritated.
Why Use Exfoliating Gloves or Mitts to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
- The exfoliating gloves and mitts are designed to apply friction to your skin to loosen the dead skin cells and improve your skin’s overall health.
- They help you remove the trapped hair follicles.
- They help soften and lift your dead skin cells from under the surface of your skin so that they can naturally shed and repel hair.
How to Use Your Exfoliating Gloves Properly
- Before removing the gloves or mitts from the packaging, make sure you’re fully prepared to use them.
- Remove the gloves or mitts from the packaging by pulling straight off, not by bending or pulling at any part.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap to remove any oils or lotions. Dry your hands.
- Place one hand into the gloves and firmly stretch the glove around your hand until you hear a “snap” sound, indicating that the glove is on correctly. In case of a mitt, slip it on your hand.
- Use sweeping strokes to exfoliate your skin. Mitts such as the MicrodermaMitt Exfoliating Body Mitt allow you to customize pressure on any part of your body.
- When done, rinse the gloves/mitts in warm water and squeeze out any excess moisture.
You’ve just read the best and easiest way to prevent and get rid of ingrown hairs. It will help if you use exfoliating gloves or mitts when removing hair from the body because they will soften your skin and remove those pesky dead skin cells under your skin, allowing it to heal itself. After being exfoliated, your skin will feel better and more refreshed. For more information about ingrown hairs or related problems, do not hesitate to contact us.